Oct 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

This year I tried to put a lot of veggies in our day to help negate all the inevitable candy. 
We started our day with Jack O' Lantern pancakes. 
Originally, I had wanted to make pumpkin pancakes, but I can't find my case of organic pumpkin purée, so I defaulted to spinach spelt pancake batter. They were delicious! 

We spent the morning tidying the house and practicing music. Then we visited the grocery store to pick up some pumpkin for a snack I saw in a Mama Natural post. We did calculator math at the store (addition and decimals). 

A quick lesson on nutrition followed at home. 
Here's a plate that has been divided into three sections. What you see drawn is pasta. I swear. 

The baby went down for her nap and the bigs and I headed out on bikes to find a salon. They both got hair cuts and look much improved. 

When we got home, they helped make dinner. 

Bacon wrapped meatloaf is so much better when mummy shaped. Oh wait, no. It was just really good because, bacon. 
I think it's even creaper cooked. This is the first time I've ever put spinach in meatloaf. It was quite good. You can add quite a bit! I had no idea. 

My ToT pictures are on my phone so I can't include them just yet.  

For dessert, we had pumpkin smoothies. They were great!
No picture, but here's the recipe.
 1 cup frozen pumpkin purée
1 frozen banana
1 cup coconut milk 
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
2T pecans
1 1/2 T maple syrup
Toss it in the blender, enjoy. 
Happy Halloween! 

Now I need to run to the store and find a toy for the Switch Witch to trade for all the loot my kiddos ended up with. 0.0





No comments: