Nov 27, 2009

Pretty Birthday Girl


My BABY is ONE. I'm not real sure how I feel about this. A little nervous, a little excited. But there's this strange tick-tocking noise coming from somewhere. Can you take the batteries out of your biological clock? I would really like to get both S and V potty-trained before tackling what are, historically, nasty pregnancies. Oh yeah, and finish my degree so I can go to work had have decent health coverage. Details.

I thought it would be nice to open some presents the night before, so Grandma could watch via web cam. The next day was already going to be a crazy zoo with family and yet more presents, so we had a nice little family moment...which S promptly ruined by "helping" to unwrap the presents and stealing all the toys. Ah, two-year-olds.


V has a pathological obsession with climbing onto things. Here she's climbed onto her present before opening it. Because, you know, it's easier to open something when you're sitting on it.














Opening the present she's sitting on...














Here's *most* of the loot. A pretty good haul for a first birthday!

1 comment:

Brian M Tanner said...

Oh my gosh that cake just cracks me up! Way to go:)