Jan 20, 2009

Trip to Idaho

Well, it seems there's never any time to sit down and type without a toddler trying to "help" or a baby crying for attention. Matt went to bed early tonight and by some miracle both babies are asleep, so I'll do my best to catch up.

S flew home with my mom after Christmas. V and I drove up to meet them at Mom's in Idaho. It took us 15 hours to get to Spanish Fork, because it turns out, when you are traveling with a newborn, every time you stop, you spend about 40 minutes doing baby things. And newborns need to stop about every two hours. In a way, it was nice just the two of us were in the car because we could take our time and I didn't feel rushed.

The visit in Idaho was good. I learned how to smock and am making a cute green gingham dress for V. My Other Mother had surgery while we were in town, then the next day her hubby fell and broke his ankle, requiring surgery that day, and the day after THAT, their daughter had surgery. My thoughts and prayers have been with them the last week. Hopefully they will all get better quickly.

S is growing up fast. His new favorite thing is bubbles. He's positively obsessed. Luckily, bubbles are cheap. :) He also REALLY likes helping mom in the kitchen. He learned a new word this week: dough. Mom learned that you can't leave the step-stool in the kitchen while you nurse the baby when there's dough on the counter. It wasn't pretty.

V is growing so fast. I don't remember Sam growing this fast. She's only getting up once at night, and she sleeps the first part of the night by herself, so that's nice. I confess that I also like when she sleeps with me, but the sleep is better for me when she's not in the bed. Come to think of it, I also sleep better when M isn't in the bed with me. He's started to snore in his old age. ;)

No comments: