Jul 23, 2011

Edgar, Allen, and Poe

The kids got a book from the library this week called Edgar, Allen, and Poe and the Tell-Tale Beets. It's a children's spoof on Edgar Allen Poe's Tell-Tale Heart, made palatable for young children.
Edgar, Allan, and Poe, and the Tell-Tale Beets


The Boy, in particular, is in love with this book. So, like any good mom, I made beets for dinner tonight. The Boy ate LOADS of beets. Before bed, we got a little reminder of what, exactly, beets do to a person who eats them in large quantities: it turns your pee pink. The Boy loves beets even more now.   I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow when he sees what beets do to other, eh hem, waste products.

PS The Boy was quite disappointed when I wouldn't tell him the REAL Tell-Tale Heart, but I like our status quo where the children sleep through the night in their own beds. Call me crazy. (hehehe)

No comments: