May 3, 2011

Idaho

Monday was wash day (and bread day and watch the kids day and make rocket ships out of cardboard boxes day, but those aren't relevant).
Every once in a while, I think I'm starting to get used to Arizona and it's brownness. I even got excited to see the pale green of my Palo Verde tree this week.  But since Monday was laundry day and I had all my shirts hanging in the laundry at the same time, I realized something;

I wore green EVERY DAY last week, which obviously means I'm missing green. Or that I'm stuck in the movie Ground Hog Day and the holiday that was repeating happened to be St. Patrick's.
Either Way...
People who live in "my" part of Idaho will laugh that I'm calling it green, but trust me peeps, it's more green than here. MUCH more. Especially the South Hills. And The Sawtooth Range. And a little bit the Rockies. I miss Alturas Lake and Red Fish Lake and pretty much the entire state of Idaho.
Luckily, we're coming to visit! Soon! When we can't afford the air conditioning here any more.

Photo by Art Hale. I  took it from the internet. I hope Art, whoever he is, doesn't mind. Thanks, Art. The people of Arizona thank your for your ability to capture the color green. And lakes.

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Sounds like you are missing green. I'm in Oregon and its very green here at this time of year. This is my first visit to your site and I've been having a great time poking around. I really like your blog and I'll be back. Have a great evening. Blessings...Mary