Aug 21, 2010

Felt Food

I've been obsessed with felt food of late. For Christmas the kiddos are going to get a play kitchen from Santa. Shhhh! Don't tell!
Mom and Dad are giving them the felt food and probably some metal pots and pans. Again, it's for Christmas so Shhh!!!

Why don't I just buy them a set of plastic food, you ask? Have you ever stopped to think about how many of your children's toys are plastic? I did, and I was sickened. How boring and uninteresting. 
Probably you are all better parents than I and your children have lots of imaginative play toys. My kids do not.  I want my kids to experience texture and expand their imaginations. Also, have you noticed most plastic toys DO something?

I hate that.
Isn't the point of play for the children to do something? 

Imagine! Create! 
Get messy! Make Mistakes! (I love Ms. Frizzle)

So I'm making felt food. Because it's expensive to buy and because it's fun to make and because I'm just weird that way. 

Anyway, the point of this was to explain why I've been such a bad blogger recently. I'm busy doing something else that's MUCH more entertaining...for now. :) 

When I've actually made something worth taking a picture of, I will. And of course I'll post it. Because that's the kind of gal I am.


No comments: