Aug 12, 2010

When Is a Preschooler Like A Superhero?

When he has a cape!

The Boy is SUPER into super heroes. The Hubs has even given him his own super hero name: Repetitive Man Repetitive Man (there may be more on this later).
Since I'm between semesters and casting about for something to do, I decided to make a couple of double-sided capes for the kids.
The Super Side of Life
(Note: my baby does actually have two legs, even though that doesn't appear to be the case in this picture)
Since these pictures were taken during what should have been The Baby's nap time, cooperation wasn't high on her list of priorities. You'll have to take my word for it that the jeweled crown on the back of this cape is spectacular.


Here's a picture to give you an idea of what the front of the cape looks like. It's a Velcro closure.
In the interest of full disclosure, I did not come up with this idea out of thin air, I saw it on http://pukingpastilles.com/?p=57, but I made my own pattern. Truthfully, her pattern is better. This was my first attempt at pattern making.
Who thinks it's time for another Blog Giveaway? 
I DO!!!!
Here's the plan, leave a comment for one entry. Invite someone to join my blog for two entries, and leave a comment about it. Contest ends August 25th. Winner gets a cape, either the pink/purple or the red/black.
Ready, set COMMENT!

7 comments:

Christina MC said...

J is Literal Man and E is Rescue Girl. I have yet to be named...

melissa said...

Becky, those capes are pretty darn awesome! Well done, indeed.

PS--So far I'm digging my chances of winning. 50% ain't bad odds.

Emily said...

Count me in!

Diantha Leavitt said...

My little niece and nephew are soooo cute. I take full responsibility for that. You're capes aren't bad either sis. J/K They're pretty much amazing. Can I order my cape to be adult size?

sandy said...

Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! Those pics are so cute! I love the capes!!! Cape- making is currently on my list of things I've done for other people that I haven't done for my own kid!

sandy said...

Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! Those pics are so cute! I love the capes!!! Cape- making is currently on my list of things I've done for other people that I haven't done for my own kid!

holli jo said...

I totally want to win!