Aug 10, 2010

I Am Going to Hell

If the environmental wackos are, for some mysterious reason, actually right; then I am going to Hell for the following reasons:

1. I NEVER, and I do mean never, remember to bring my resuable shopping bags to the store. Even if I keep them in the trunk of my car, they never never never make it into the store. I feel pretty awesome to remember to bring in both kids and a debit card.

2. Which reminds me, I drive 1/4 mile to the grocery store. I could walk, yes. But then I would buy less.

3. When I pack snacks for my kids, I pack them in plastic baggies. Yes, the kind you throw away. This is a near daily-event. Oh, and their juice boxes come individually packaged.

4. My children wear disposable diapers. My 3.5 year-old is STILL in pull-ups at night. I had every intention of ordering cloth diapers (both times) really I did. Something about figuring out a brand new baby made the environmental impact of disposable diapers fade to nothingness with remarkable speed.

5. I buy feminine products with plastic applicators. Told you, I'm SO going to H-E-double-hockey-sticks. Something tells me I'll be in good company.

No comments: