Jan 17, 2011

Raw Fettuccine Alfredo

I know some of you are going to laugh at me. OK, most of you, but I had to share tonight's dinner because it was so GOOD! Especially after the raw dinner failure that occurred Saturday night.

Plus, it's good if you're allergic to wheat, dairy or eggs!

Here's what I did, and the whole thing took MAYBE 15 minutes.

THE NOODLES

All you need is a veggie peeler and some zucchini. Go at it. Wallah: noodles. I admit I did poor some hot water over this because I haven't gotten my head all the way around giving up hot dinner, but I'm guessing it didn't get above 105 degrees, so it totally still counts as raw.


THE SAUCE

2 cups roasted cashews (it's all I had, next time I'm going to try raw)
1/2 cup raw sprouted sunflower seeds (you can not sprout them, but I did)
1 1/2 cups water
3 cloves raw garlic
1 Tablespoon Thyme
salt
pepper

Blend it up in the Vitamix until it gets a bit warm and very smooth.

Everyone had seconds. Pretty yum and VERY healthy. I'm going to make this at least once a month. :)

2 comments:

Christina MC said...

some of us don't own a vitamix--go ahead and cry for me

Becky said...

That is super sad, Christina. :'(
For this recipe, a regular blender will be sufficient, but you might have to warm it slightly on the stove or, gasp, in the microwave. Just don't tell Martha you used a zapper. She'd be very disappointed.