Mar 30, 2011

Momma's Carrot Cake

My Momma makes a mean carrot cake. It's so good, people at work request it often. Like, monthly.
If you've only ever had a boxed carrot cake, or a store carrot cake, somebody should seriously put you out of your misery now and bake you a REAL carrot cake. Or shoot you. You're choice.
I know! YOU could bake a real carrot cake! Here's how:

Cream Together:
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup oil
    then add:
3 eggs, beat to incorporate
    then add:
3 cups finely grated carrots (about 3/4 lb.)
    mix in:
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts

Mix until combined. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes in a 9x13 or one hour in a Bundt pan or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Here it is, complete with melting whipped cream. Oops. 
I toasted some coconut for the sides and crumbled leftover cheesecake and walnuts on top. 
YUMM-O! And also, I really need to stop letting The Hubs take food pictures. Ferills. 

2 comments:

Christina MC said...

Hello! Invite me over to eat your food, I mean take pictures of your food for you.

Anonymous said...

You are ruining my diet. RUINING! Stop it already. You're killing me, Smalls.