Mar 1, 2008

Toothbrush Addict

The Boy has a toothbrush fixation. I thought this might just be because the extra toothbrushes at our house are in a drawer The Boy can reach. He takes out the ones still in packages looking for the few that have lost their wrappers. Then he bangs on the wall with them and after they are thoroughly banged, he puts them in his mouth and crawls away. I find toothbrushes in the living room, the kitchen and the floor of our room.
Friday I started to suspect a deeper toothbrush addiction. The Boy and I attended a function with a friend. The three of us were in the bathroom and my friend's makeup kit was open. The Boy LUNGED for the barely visible toothbrush, and promptly popped it in his mouth. I was mortified. This is the first instance wherein I've been embarrassed by my son, I'm sure it's the first of many. Do they have AA meetings for toothbrush addicts?

No comments: