Jun 25, 2011

Ovens and Hammers, and Banana Muffins

This morning I needed to bake two dozen banana muffins for the blood drive.
So I turned on my oven and started mixing.
Then my oven turned itself off.
And wouldn't turn back on again.
<insert cuss words>
I did what any rational person faced with a time crunch and weeks of sub-optimal oven operations would  do: I went to the tool box and got the hammer.

Then I beat the tar out of the oven control panel.

My oven started working again.

I think it's scared of me.
What? You already know The Hubs has said we're getting a new one. As soon as he can show me the money, I'll go get it. Until then we are eating soup, stir fry and anything else I can make on the stove top.
Crisis one, averted.

Banana Muffin Recipe

2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 t baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups smashed bananas
1/2 cup milk (maybe, I eyeballed it)
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs

No comments: