Dec 20, 2013

School, week of 12/15/13


We took it easy this week. Mama had a cold. 
Arts

Crafts
And money math using chocolate coins. 

We also built a farm from duplos and practiced money math by buying and selling farm implements and animal byproducts. 
We finished up the week with a trip to the Discovery Center. I think this place will make a regular appearance in our lessons. S was facinated by all the electrical experiments.  
The girls really enjoyed the wind simulators. 
All the kids got to make a kazoo out of three rubber bands, two Popsicle sticks, and a drinking straw. 
I took video of us doing the experiments but I apparently can't upload that to blogger from the iPad. Oh well. 

I'm looking forward to Christmas break and reorganizing our structure a bit. When we start back in January, I'm going to do a unit on electricity, since S is so facinated. 


No comments: